Wednesday, February 27, 2013

White Linen & Lace

White linen and lace usually characterize weddings, marriage, and purity.... It is also the name of a lovely scented candle sitting on my desk!


And yet I am getting married in only two and  half months to a Mr. Robinson whom I have been engaged to for 9 and a half months. So, the white linen and lace do serve their usual purpose for this blog. It is my intent to document the transition from single to married using this outlet, including observations, things that go wrong, and all of the joys and learning experiences included in newlywed life. Although it may seem premature to call myself Lady Robinson, I really didn't want to change the name of the blog in two months, so I believe my readers can bear with me until I truly have that name.

Why "Lady Robinson's Tearoom"? Lady, is more interesting to me than Mrs... Also, there are two living Mrs. Robinson's, and I feel odd abducting their names for a blog. So, I am setting a distinction between the three of us, although I will proudly share their name throughout the course of the rest of my life. The tearoom comes from my desire to have discussion related to current events on this blog, not just married life. I am heavily interested in political developments both national and international. My degree is in Economics, and I am a bit of a news junkie although I try not to be obsessive about it. Additionally, I am a Christian and interested in theological and doctrinal discussion, some of which I am sure will make its way onto the "pages" of this blog. I always pictured a tearoom as a place where friends met to discuss the latest ideas and their newest interests. As a result, I could come up with no better description of what I wanted this blog to be, plus, I really like tea! And coffee... But that is beside the point.

It is my hope and prayer that this blog will be edifying to its readers, as well as humorous and thought-provoking over the course of time. To that end, I thank those readers who take the time to partake in the tidbits to come!


Sincerely
~The Future Lady Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment